Thursday, April 24, 2008

Consider This Ryder Cup Moment

ESPN's Jason Sobel and Bob Harig have their weekly Alternate Shot about various topics, and Harig said this about Boo Weekley now that he is in the hunt to make the Ryder Cup team:

Hey, he might be exactly what the U.S. team needs in Valhalla. Can you imagine the ire he'd provoke from, say, Colin Montgomerie or Sergio Garcia if one of them lagged one to six inches and he didn't concede it? But you're right; he doesn't know much about the competition. This quote is from last year's PGA Championship, but it's too good not to bring back every once in a while: "If they invite me to come play, I'll come play. But, no, I really don't know a whole lot about it. I've seen some clips of it. I think Justin Leonard made a putt or something. That's about the only thing I remember of the Ryder Cup stuff."
Weekley and Garcia are already frosty from their run-ins at the PGA Championship and Deutsche Bank Championship. What a great moment it would be on singles Sunday at the Ryder Cup to have down home Weekley against Garcia. Make it the final pairing, too.

No comments: