Monday, December 10, 2007

Boom Boom Going Bye Bye?

It's possible and Freddy Couples is not shying away from admitting that he is pondering it. After teaming with fellow injury sufferer John Daly (shoulder) in the Merrill Lynch (Shark) Shootout, Couples admitted as much.

“I’m not the kind of guy that wants to half do it,” said Couples. “I enjoy playing at home … to go out and play, to pass time. But that’s something that I don’t want to not be able to do. That would bother me more than, at this time, not playing the tour.”

I cannot exactly blame him. I thought that he was going to retire more than 5 years ago. For him to come back and play in any capacity is something most golf fans are very appreciative of because of the toll it has taken on Couples.

If he did retire, though, I am certain that the Skins Game would hold a place for him in perpetuity until he vacated it.

No comments: