Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ernie Explains His Change of Heart...Kind Of

Ernie Els has a blog on his website. A lot of golfers do now. In a recent entry, date 2/18, he explains his change of heart and decision to enter the Accenture Match Play. Or does he?

As many of you will have read in the sports pages over the weekend, I’ve had a change of heart and have decided to play this week’s WGC Accenture World Matchplay in Arizona. I was originally going to spend the rest of this week practising in South Africa, but you know, I had six weeks off over New Year, and then last week I was at home at Wentworth, so I feel like I’m ready to play again. I want to play.
I don't know if that's much of a detailed explanation for his motivations. It could be as simple as he just up and decided that he wanted to play - hence the last sentence. If I had to guess, though, in all honesty, I would think that he was not pleased with how things ended in Dubai and in New Delhi and other recent chokes. He realized that playing against great competition in a format that requires great putting may just be what he needs. Still, I was left wanting for more of an explanation!

At least his blog entries are better than San Antonio Spurs' Center Tim Duncan.

No comments: