Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Justin Timberlake to Host PGA Tour Event

That's right - "Dick in a Box" will be performed in Las Vegas next year as Justin Timberlake will host the event now known as the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. It used to be the Fry's.com Open. Fry's Electronics realized one Fall Series event was more than enough. Good move by them. Also a good move by the Tour to get JT involved. He becomes the 14th non player to host an event. Didn't know that, did you?

Tim Finchem has some empty quotes in the release, so I'll save you. But, do you think Finchem has FutureSex/LoveSounds in his CD collection? I don't see him getting down to "Summer Love." I do think he could get into "What Goes Around Comes Back Around," though. It's slow, has a nice beat, etc. I've said too much.

Anyway, I think this is a great move because (a) no company aside from Buick should sponsor more than 1 PGA Tour event cause that's weird and (b) Las Vegas needed a shot in the arm for this event and I think that this will go a long way in doing that. JT can get some of the younger celebrities that play golf into the pro-ams and inject some life into the Fall Series. That's two smart things in a row by the Tour. I'm not sure how to take this.

No comments: